Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I love Lucy (and Suzy, Alex and Carson, too)

Lucy was born last night at around 11 p.m. She is the newborn daughter of my young friends Dustin and Allicia, whom I have never met in person. They are my friends because we had a common interest in The Catholic Guy Show on Sirius XM. We became friends through this crazy phenomenon we call "Social Meda." Dustin was kind enough to let me blog on the CGS fan blog for a while. I feel like I know them because I talk to them almost everyday on Twitter and Facebook. Lucy is so adorable.
Suzy, who is six weeks old,  belongs to my wonderful next door neighbors, Amy and Scott. She is absolutely beautiful. Last time I saw her, she laid her little head on my shoulder when I was holding her. She is such a sweet baby, I cannot wait to see her again! Amy is such a wonderful mother to her, and Scott is crazy about her. It does my heart so good to see her, whether it is in person or on Facebook.
Last week, my great-great nephew Alex was born. He is my late brother Maurice's great-grandson. Maurice was the oldest (23 when I was born) and I was the youngest. Alex is just gorgeous. I cannot wait to see him and hold him when I get to S.C. I miss my family, and seeing him on Facebook makes me want to be home with them. 
Carson is my great-niece and she is now 7 months old. She belongs to my brother Andre's  only daughter, Leslie.  She was a long time coming to our family but she could not have been a more wonderful gift to us. My brother is so happy to have gained two step-granddaughters and a granddaughter over the past few years. He feels very blessed as we all do. Carson is so much like Leslie, it almost makes me cry to see her. I am looking forward to seeing her on my next trip home, too. 

Today's trip to the cemetery to visit Lauren and place her purple Lenten flowers there was a little easier than it could have been, because of these wonderful babies who have come into my life. They bring me comfort, joy and most of all hope. They all live in homes filled with love and laughter, and with families who love them. I pray that one day all children have those things in their lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment