Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Another little miracle in our lives

We were blessed again in August of last year with the birth of our second granddaughter Vivian Sharon. She is very different from Rosemary, our 3 year old, but their uniqueness from each other is the most wonderful thing!

Vivian seems to be a little more reserved than our outgoing Rosemary is, but she has her own little personality that will enchant you. She loves cookies and playing. She tries to emulate her sister in some things, but in others, she has her own take on things.

Earlier in November, their grandpa and I had the opportunity to have them spend the night with us without their parents, who were gone to a friend's wedding. I had forgotten how much work it was having two little toddlers to look after. We had a ball with them that weekend. My favorite time was when Vivian called me "Mimi" for her very first time. She melted my heart right then and there.

It is amazing what these 2 little ones can do for a broken heart. They seem to be able to put pieces back that were missing. They cannot take Lauren's place, but they are like glue when you try to put something back together that was broken- it may not look perfect, but it still functions.

We look forward when we are with them and want to enjoy them all we can. I am grateful that they know us and love us, and I want to be the best grandmother I can to them. Grandchildren are like getting a second chance in life. I am so grateful to have them.








No comments:

Post a Comment