Saturday, December 23, 2017

A special Christmas gift for me

Our sweet girls
We are visiting my brother in South Carolina so we stopped off to spend the night with the kids on the way over here. We went to the girls' day care so that we could see them at pick up time when their parents came to get them. Vivian, our 17-month-old, was a bit confused to see Mimi in her classroom suddenly, and being the independent little girl she is, she let her Grandpa and me give her a hug and quickly got down to run around in the day care and show us how she knew her way around.

We made our way to Rosie's room where she was playing with some kids. Rosie (our 3-year-old) spotted me looking for her through the window and yelled at the top of her little lungs, "THAT"S MY MIMI!!!" We came in and she ran as fast as she could to jump into my arms. She just hugged me and hugged me. She got down to run to her Grandpa and then ran back to hug me again.

She asked if I could ride with her in the car, so I went with her and my son to "The Pancake Store" (Cracker Barrel) where we were eating that evening. After a wonderful time of dinner and fellowship we went home to get the girls ready for bath time and bed time. As we came into the house, I was on the couch when Rosie came over and hugged me. She said, "I'm so glad you are here, Mimi. I'm so glad you came to see me."

Her sweet, innocent little heart just gave me the best Christmas gift I have ever gotten or will probably ever get. Rosie had no idea what she gave me. But I will never forget it. So, Merry Christmas to everyone, and I hope you get as wonderful a gift as I received this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment