Thursday, May 13, 2021

I got carded this week

I got my Medicare card in the mail the other day. Me on Medicare. Now I’ve been talking about how happy I would be when I got on Medicare, because we’ve had a horrible “bridge” insurance policy since early retirement. It’s almost like you get punished for retiring early. Who can afford so-called “retiree medical” these days? Not us. 

Anyway, now that the card is here, I am facing the fact that I am almost 65 years old. I’m in pretty good health, and I try my hardest not to dwell on the fact that I am not “young” anymore. People always say, “well, you’re young at heart.” I don’t want to be young at heart. Because when I was, I was pretty silly and sometimes, I was quite frankly stupid when it came to decision making, and things of that nature. I think I have come to the conclusion that I am the age I am supposed to be. At least I tell myself that! 

Some days are better than others, when it comes to facing your age. It’s like the loss of a child in that respect. Some days are better than others. 

So now I will pick my “advantage” plan and rest in the fact that I can go to the doctor when I need to and not worry myself to death that we will have to spend a million dollars because we don’t have insurance. Doctor bills give me the frights. I just hate them. I think it is because they make me feel so out of control. 

Retirement is great, but it can make you feel uneasy at times. We are getting used to it, and learning to adjust day by day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment